Effective Date: May 5th, 2018
This Statement Regarding Cookies and Other Technologies (this “Statement”) describes the different types of Cookies and Other Technologies that may be used in connection with the websites and apps (the “Site”) owned or controlled by Caravia Beach Hotel & Bungalows. (“Caravia,” “we,” or “us”). This Statement also describes how you can manage Cookies and Other Technologies.
We may change this Statement at any time. Please take a look at the “Last Updated” section at the top of this page to see when this Statement was last revised. Any changes in this Statement will become effective when we make the revised Statement available on or through the Site.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at Caravia Beach Hotel & Bungalows, Marmari – Kos.
Click on one of the links below to jump to a specific section:
- Our Collection and Use of Other Information
- Online and Mobile Advertising; Mobile Apps
- Cross-Device Technologies
- Managing Cookies and Other Technologies
- Caravia Cookies Statement Revisions
Our Collection and Use of Other Information
- Remember your user name and password for future visits so that log-in is easier and faster;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Ensure you obtain all requested information;
- Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions;
- Track your response to advertisements and website or app content for analysis and the number of times we send you the same advertisement;
- Measure how many people use the Site, and how they use it, so that we may keep it running quickly and efficiently; and
- Help us and others deliver communications and content to you that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location.
Below we explain the different types of Cookies that may be used on the Site.
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are necessary for the Site to work, and enable you to move around it and use its services and features. Disabling these Cookies may make the services and features unavailable.
- Statistics Cookies. We use Statistic Cookies to help understand how visitors interact with websites collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing Cookies allow us to track visit. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party. Marketing Cookies also include Social Plug-In Cookies. Social Plug-In Cookies are used to share content from the Site with members and non-members of social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest. These Cookies are usually set by the social networking provider, enabling such sharing to be smooth and seamless.
- Analytics Cookies collect information about your use of the Site, and enable us to improve the way it works. These Cookies give us aggregated information that we use to monitor site performance, count page visits, spot technical errors, see how users reach the Site, and measure the effectiveness of advertising (including emails we send to you).
- Other Technologies may be used for the same purposes as our Cookies, together with providers of individual cookies.
Online and Mobile Advertising; Mobile Apps
We and third parties may engage in interest-based advertising provided by vendors in order to deliver advertisements and personalized content that we and other advertisers believe will be of interest to you. To the extent third-parties are using Cookies or Other Technologies to perform these services, Caravia Beach does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information for online, mobile, or email advertising, and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. Advertisements, emails, and other messages may be delivered to you by Caravia Beach or its service providers based on your online or mobile behavior (on Caravia Beach and non-Caravia sites), your search activity, your geographic location or other information that is collected by us or obtained from third parties. For example, if you go to the Site to book a hotel room, you may later see an advertisement from us when you visit another website. These advertisements may appear on our sites, third-party websites or on mobile platforms. You may also see advertisements for third parties on the Site, other websites or properties, or on your mobile device, based on your visits to, and activities on, the Site, other sites and our apps and third-party apps. Some of our vendors and we may use our own or third-party aggregated or anonymized personal information, demographic data, and other inferred commercial interests to assist in the delivery of our advertisements to you. As stated in our Global Privacy Statement, in some instances we may combine Other Information with personal information
We and our business partners use third parties to establish deterministic or probabilistic connections among devices (such as smartphones, tablets, and computers) to deliver more relevant advertising to you and for advertising analytics and reporting purposes. This means that information about your use of websites or applications on your current device may be combined with information from your other devices. We also may share this information and other inferences with third parties to allow them to target advertising, personalize content, or analyze behavior. This allows, for example, advertisements you see on your tablet to be based on activities you engaged in on your smartphone.
These business partners may share and combine information from cookies with identifiers (such as device IDs assigned by Google or Apple) and IP addresses to make connections among related devices. This also allows for a more personalized experience across our services and applications. For example, Caravia Beach may through its vendors match your devices if you log into Caravia Beach on multiple devices or web browsers, or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same person or household.
To opt out of our cross-device linking vendors, go to www.aboutadvertisements.info/choices and perform a global opt-out on each browser and device that you would like to be opted out on. Opt out means that the browser on the device from which you opt out will no longer receive interest-based advertisements from information collected on devices linked to it, that devices linked to it will not receive interest-based advertisements based on information collected from the opted-out device, and that the vendor will not transfer data collected from the opted-out device to a third party. If, in the future, we work with cross-device vendors who have a proprietary opt-out, and for whom the DAA opt-out is not effective as described above, we will provide a link to those vendors’ proprietary opt-outs.
Managing Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to remove or block Cookies from your device at any time, you can update your browser settings (consult your browser’s “help” menu to learn how to remove or block Cookies). Caravia Beach is not responsible for your browser settings. You can find good and simple instructions on how to manage Cookies on the different types of web browsers at www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can also find a good summary of how to manage Flash Cookies at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Please be aware that rejecting Cookies may affect your ability to perform certain transactions on the Site, and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
You can also control tracking Cookies by installing browser extensions like Ghostery: https://www.ghostery.com/products/
If you want to clean out all of the Cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, here are links where you can download programs that clean out tracking Cookies:
In Europe only: If you are based in Europe, you also can adjust your Cookie preferences through adjusting the Cookie Settings through the Cookie Consent Manager, which can be found here: Cookie Preferences.