At Caravia Beach Hotel & Bungalows we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Notice describes the information that Caravia Beach Hotel & Bungalows and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries collects about you; how we use and protect this information; the choices you can make about how we use this information.
This Notice may be amended from time to time so please check our website www.caraviabeach.gr occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
- Who are we?
We are Caravia Beach Hotel & Bungalows. We are based at Marmari Kos, Greece. The Group comprises of Caravia Beach Hotel & Bungalows and its trading subsidiaries.
Caravia Beach Hotel & Bungalows counts four decades dedicated to providing guests with a unique & authentic travel experience. The exquisite natural surroundings that embrace the hotel combined with genuine & warm hospitality, has become a home away from home over the years for our guests, who deserve and know how to appreciate top quality beach vacations. Over the years, a trusted team of hospitality experts has grown and flourished, forming a deep connection with guests who entrust us with their vacations. Meditours S.A., the owning company of Caravia Beach Hotel, was established by Socrate Fanourakis in 1975. Among its activities it counts the ownership of the Caravia Beach Hotel, as well as construction and real-estate companies. A driving force in the local economy of the island of Kos, it has managed to maintain as well as expand its activities. Inspired by the founder’s vision for sustainability and environmentally sound practices, Meditours S.A. constantly strives to upgrade and improve the hotel’s services and facilities.
- a. What type of information is collected from you?
- We collect the given names (first name, family name) of clients, and of contacts when they express interest in our services or sign up for our newsletter.
- Email address. We collect the email address of clients, and of contacts when they express interest in our services or when they sign up for our newsletter.
- Postal address. We collect the postal address of clients for billing purposes, and of customers who order products or services.
- Telephone number. We collect the phone numbers of clients.
- Personal data you provide in the course of Children Junior Club or Sport activities.
We collect and process minors’ (i.e. under the age of 18) personal data for their participation in different Children Junior Club or Sport Activities as they are occasionally organized and held at Caravia Beach Hotel & Bungalows. We do not collect these data directly from the minors, but from their legal guardians. In the context of Children Junior Club or Sport Activities, personal data are being collected, indicatively, in the following cases:
- Junior Club Services:
If you provide us your and your children’s data during the provision of our Junior Club Services, we will use this information only for the purposes and under the legal bases that are analyzed below:
We collect personal data such as full name, parent/guardian’ s name, room number, date of arrival, date of departure, signature, age, to appoint the child to the appropriate age group, to be able to contact the parent/legal guardian if needed, to monitor your child’s arrival and departure to and for the childcare premises or when your child does not attend two consecutive sessions. Our legal basis for processing all the information above is the performance of the contract among with us so that you enjoy our services as well as achieving compliance with our legal obligations, such as invoicing.
We may also collect special categories of personal data such as health information, particularly with regard to allergies or additional needs if stated about the child, for its’ own health and safety. Furthermore, we may collect information, such as if a child has any preexisting injuries, any kind of ongoing illness, treatment, medical treatments, limitations in movement or specific exercises etc, prior to the child’s participation. Our legal basis for processing this data is the parent’s/legal guardian’s prior explicit consent.
- Where do we obtain the information from?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example when you contact us about products and services, when you place an order, or if you register to receive one of our newsletters.
- What do we use the information for?
We use your information for the following purposes:
- Provision of hospitality service(s), that is lodging, meals, and other guest services.
- Marketing and/or other promotion actions, such as a newsletter we periodically send to all our subscribers. We may also add e-mails that we obtain from general inquiries to this list. Within each newsletter e-mail, an opt-out link is provided.
- What is our legal basis for the processing?
- The processing of your information, which is used for the provision of our service(s), is based on the performance of a contract.
- The processing of your information, which is used for marketing and/or other promotion actions, is based on your consent.
- How long and where do we store your information?
- We store client and customer information for at least  year to be able to meet our obligations to keep accurate records for tax [or other administrative] authorities.
- We store newsletter (and/or other promotion actions) subscriber information until such subscriber indicates that he/she no longer wants to receive the newsletter (and/or other promotion material).
- What safeguards have we taken to protect your information?
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. We have implemented the following technical, administrative and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
- Our database, and the information contained therein, is protected with access control.
- Access to the database is limited, not all staff in our organization has full access.
- Caravia Beach Hotel & Bungalows will take reasonable measures to: (i) protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and (ii) keep personal information accurate and up-to-date as appropriate. For online transactions, we use reasonable technological measures to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
For your own privacy protection, please do not send payment card numbers or any other confidential personal information to us via email.
- We will not contact you by mobile/text messaging or email to ask for your confidential personal information or payment card details
- Who we share data with?
We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your personal information with them. We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform the services we request, and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
We will only share Personal Information about you outside Caravia Beach Hotel & Bungalows Hotels and Hotels without your consent, where: (a) it is required or authorized by law (for example, in response to a legal subpoena); (b) it is required to provide you with services you have requested in which case you will be considered to have implied your consent (i.e. car rental); (c) if your stay has been paid for by a third party we will provide billing information to the paying party; (d) if you have failed to pay amounts owed to a property.
We may rely on a service provider as a(n):
- Web hosting vendor
- Your Rights
You have the right to request access to your personal information that we process. You also have the right to:
- Rectify incorrect personal data or erase it in certain circumstances.
- Restrict or object to the processing of your personal data.
- Receive your data so that you can use it elsewhere
- Where we process data based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time but this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before the date that you withdrew your consent.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you do not know who your supervisory authority is, please contact us and we will help you.
To learn more about cookies used on this site, please follow this link
- How to contact us?
This policy was last updated on 25/04/2023.